Hello to my favorite people! I love you all so much and am so grateful for all you do for me! It's been a crazy fast week. Not a lot new has gone on but here's a little recap of the week...
Tuesday-we visited Ashley (a less active member). She is great! She has an adorable son, Keppler. Ashley is always real open and willing to let us in. We had a great half hour conversation with her about why she has strayed from the gospel path. One of the great things about being a 'veteran' missionary is the ability to be super bold with people. We'll stop by in the next week or so to see how she's doing.
Wednesday-INTERVIEWS! We had about 3.5 hours of interviews and spent the rest of the day at the visitor center. I love being with President and Sister Keyes; they always make me feel better about myself and the things that I am doing/have done as a missionary. Our evening shift was with the Godfrey's... It was our last one with them; they returned home from their mission on Friday.

They will be missed but I look forward to getting to know the new couple; the Melin's from... Montana...maybe?
Thursday-we did our weekly planning and had lunch with S. Vance from the ward. It was really great! She made a version of tater tot casserole that I hadn't had before. She is a an amazing person. She has lots of friends from Utah so she told me when she visits we'll have to go out for lunch sometime.
Friday--our full proselyting day. We tried to find a lot of people but didn't have much success, we were out during the middle of the day. But we did get to have a great dinner with the Morby family and then we had a lesson with Shayla. Shayla has concerns about being baptized but she is still excited to go to church and learn more about what we believe. She is a great kid; I love getting to know her.
Saturday-we served at the V.C. in the morning and then visited the Resch family. They are a Vietnamese family who likes to talk. They are great, though! We had dinner with the Tonga family--LOVE THEM! They are super cute and are fantastic missionaries. We met with Kaila and Bruce that night. Kaila is a member of the church but Bruce is not. I am so grateful to be able to work with and know them. They are amazing people.
Sunday-is still my favorite day. I absolutely love church. We got to eat dinner with the Bishop's family and then we needed to be back at the V.C. Our Sundays are pretty full and don't leave any time to be out in our area proselyting.
Monday-was kind of a bummer day. S. Harward wasn't feeling well so we left her at the VC to get some rest. S. Weng and I went to the area but both of our appointments cancelled.

Such is the life of a missionary. It all worked out, though. We got to have a lesson with a less active member and meet 2 unknown families. We considered it a successful day.
And here I am again. It's been a good week. I am so grateful to be able to serve with all the wonderful people that I do. I know that each of these Elders and Sisters that I have come into contact with has greatly blessed and influenced my life. I know that I have been doing exactly what my Heavenly Father needs me to do. I know that He is always there, guiding us to become better. I know that I have a Savior who lived and died and lives again so that I can have the opportunity of being with my family for eternity. I know that I have the greatest family in the world. I love you all. Stay strong. Share the gospel!
Love you!
Sister Wilson
No comments:
Post a Comment