Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 7

2014?! Really? Another year has come and gone. We had a zone training this week where we had the opportunity to reflect on the things that we had accomplished in the past year. Man! I have experienced so much growth and learning this year, it's crazy!
We have had a good week. We were not able to be in our area as much as we wanted to but we still felt that we accomplished a lot. Last week we rang in the new year at 10pm on December 31; it was great. I was dead asleep to the fireworks and chaos that apparently happened at midnight. It was fun. I am so grateful for the sisters I have the opportunity to live and serve with. They are so great! And there are only 5 of us which, I am sure, cuts down on the drama that could be present.
Wednesday was a slow day at the VC. Don't think we had many guests come in. And those that did show up came right at shift change; they always seem to do that. Come in right when we need to be on our way out the door. It's all good, though, everything worked out. We had dinner with a new family in the ward then went to visit some potential investigators but didn't have much success. It started to snow during dinner, which didn't bother me, but when the snow started freezing to the windshield wipers I made an executive decision and drove back to Independence. Better safe than sorry, right? Thursday was another slow day at the VC but I love the extra study time I get. I'm trying to finish the Book of Mormon by the beginning of next month. I am SO close! It's been a fun exercise for me; I have learned so much! We got to have dinner with a couple of ward missionaries from Wisconsin; they are really fun. Fed us lots of chicken pot pie.
Friday we had our zone training. I always love being with the other missionaries but it's kind of weird being the only sisters in the zone. AND we don't even live inside our zone; we are in this weird limbo state where we really don't get the opportunity to know everyone because we have a different pday and are so far disconnected. It's all right, though. I've spent half my mission in the Kansas City Stake and I LOVE it! It's a great place to be. After a somewhat rushed lunch/study session we met with Saul and Karina. They are our Spanish speaking investigators. I don't really know what happened during the lesson, our member team up spoke (in Spanish) with them basically the entire time. Interesting experience. We had dinner with the Lencioni's who just got sealed about a week and a half ago. SO COOL! They are a solid couple and are just amazing. I am so grateful for the opportunity to know and love all of them.
Saturday S. Weng and I had the opportunity to attend the temple. It was a much needed reprieve for the both of us. (Don't worry, S. Harward went on exchanges for the day.) I always love being in the temple and am so grateful for the peace and comfort I always feel while I am there. I learn something new every time I go and always feel rejuvenated until the next time I can go. After our session, which went long, the Godfrey's took us to lunch at the Corner Cafe in Liberty. I love the Godfrey's so much! They have been here for basically my entire mission; they leave at the end of the month, though. It'll be bittersweet to see them go.
Saturday night it snowed pretty good but we braved the half hour drive to church. The roads were pretty slick but this expert Utah driver handled it like a pro... That said, I miss 4 wheel drive! We didn't get time to be at a member's home for dinner because we met with Bishop after church then had to drive back to the VC to be on shift. But we did have good conversations with our ward mission leader and the bishop so we felt it was a successful day. It was good to be at the VC, too. Away from the -25 degree weather that was blowing around outside. YUCK! No fun at all!
I think that's about all the events for the week. It went by fast. I'm doing great. I love being a missionary. I love being surrounded by the spirit 24/7/365 and making a difference in people's lives. I am so grateful for the challenges and trials I face that help me to learn and grow and become better. I know that I am doing exactly what my Heavenly Father needs me to do right now. I know that He lives and wants each one of us to strive to become more like our Savior every day. I know that as we do those little things (ie: pray, read the scriptures, pray) that everything else will fall into place for the big things to be easier to handle. I love each and every one of you and am so grateful for the influences you have been in my life. I couldn't be a stellar missionary without your love and support. I love you all! Keep on keepin' on. Stay strong. Share the gospel. I LOVE YOU!
Sister Wilson

P.S. Internet went down...sorry no pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment