Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14

(Don't know how this ended up here... We're at the Federal Reserve!)


Hello to all my favorite family!!! I hope you are all doing well, staying warm, and having a 'normal' week. Life in Missouri is going great! We have passed the awful cold weather and are now sitting in the 30's and 40's. Yesterday it even got to the mid 50's. Who knew the mid-west could have such amazing weather? And some not so amazing weather. Great place, this Missouri. As you may have noticed.... I am writing a bit later today. This morning the Godfrey's (a senior couple that serves at the VC) took the 3 of us to the Crown Center in Kansas City. It was so much fun! Honestly, it's the only touristy thing I have done my entire mission. We went to the Union Station and the Federal Building. We were going to go to the Hallmark museum but they were closed. We also got to see an Orchid cave. Man! I didn't realize how much there is to see in KC! I can't wait to bring you all back here on vacation one day; there really is a lot to do! Everything we did today was free (except for lunch) which is even better. For lunch the Godfrey's took us to Fritz's. It's a restaurant where you order the food by phone then a train car brings it to you and it's lowered down a ..... something. Don't know. The point is that the train brought us our food; super cool. And quick. And yummy. Definitely a must see!

Ok... To our week. Our pday ended late last week because we had a conference call with President Keyes and the assistants. It was a really great training. Wednesday we had the opportunity to attend district meeting. Always a great experience. I love the Elders that we have the pleasure of serving around... There aren't any other Sisters in our zone so... Gotta love the Elders. Let me see... Thursday we planned for the week. Always a great experience. Friday was our full proselyting day. We taught 5 lessons which is fantastic! We met with Shayla, our 11 year old investigator. She is on date to be baptized on February 1st; YEAH! Saturday we were on exchanges; Sister Liu joined Sister Weng and I for the day. That night we had an Asian dinner with Kaila and Bruce-love that family. Sunday is still my favorite day-I love church!

The visitor center has been pretty slow as of late. Like... No-one-came-in-during-our-6-hour-shift-yesterday-slow. I do appreciate the extra study time we have as I do have a Book of Mormon to finish but... I miss giving presentations, too. The Godfrey's are leaving the mission next week so we spent some time writing them a departure song--We can only study for so long!

Life is good! I love sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love knowing that I am making a difference in the lives of people around me. I love that I get to exemplify my Savior in such amazing ways each and every day. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow and do better. I know that I am doing exactly what my Heavenly Father needs me to do. I know that He has a plan for each and every one of us. I know that this gospel is true. I know Christ is my Savior and Redeemer.

I love each of you and am so grateful for your continued support. I LOVE YOU LOTS!!! Stay strong!

Love,
Sister Wilson
 
At the Union Station
 
 Orchids grown in a cave!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment