IT'S A SNOW DAY! Snow here in Missouri really bothers me. EVERYTHING shuts down. This is not me being dramatic; that's what really happens. School was cancelled yesterday because of leftover 'ice' from a storm Saturday and everything started shutting down for a storm that was suppose to roll in at 6am this morning. It came in around 7:30 but it's not bad. Just get in the 4 wheel drive and everything will be all right. Geez... us Utahn's know how to do it right.
I love Missouri, though. It is a great place. And, we weren't going to do much today anyway. We are slightly bummed that our plans to go to a Chinese Buffet have been foiled a bit.... We'll get there, though. Take out tomorrow....?
Life has been good! We are working hard and striving our best to be diligent and "all in." The most momentous event of the week was the invitation we received to attend ward council. HUGE! I don't know that missionaries have ever been invited to go in LS2. We had a lot of cancelled appointments and other regular 'missionary' stuff going on but we feel like we accomplished a lot. Just yesterday we taught 3 lessons; which is great for a Monday and little time in our area. We had the opportunity to eat with the Warnick family. Our dinner message consisted of everyone sharing their favorite scripture. It was a really neat experience; wish we'd thought of sooner.
Chinese New Year on Friday was a huge success. We were concerned because there was a freezing rain that was horrible to drive in but the turn out was great. S. Weng did an amazing job organizing and making sure everyone had fun. My job was to laminate (with contact paper) the book marks people were making. Mom, I would have made you proud. Unfortuneately, due to the weather, we were grounded Saturday morning but we were still able to go on shift at the VC Saturday night.
I really don't have too much to say about the week; just normal missionary finding and teaching stuff. I would like to leave you with my testimony, though. I want you to all know how grateful I am for the experiences I have had as a missionary. I know they have helped me to learn and grow more than I ever thought possible. I know WITHOUT A DOUBT that my Savior lives. That He loves me. That He has great plans in store for me. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God translated by a prophet with God's help. I know that we are lead and guided by a prophet today. I know that our families are the most important social unit in time and all of eternity and that as we draw closer to the Savior individually our families will be stronger. I know this gospel is true. I know it is for us here on the earth today; to help us to grow and become who our Savior wants us to be. Two years ago I never wanted to be a missionary. Never wanted to leave home to travel in the great unknown. But the eternal perspective and knowledge that I have gained in the last 18 months is something that I will never forget. These experiences have helped me to become who I am; have helped me to grow closer to my Father and Savior; and helped me to be firm in the knowledge that I will never forsake this gospel. I love each of you so much and am so grateful for all your love, support, and prayers. Stay strong. Share the gospel. Pray for good weather. I LOVE YOU!!!
Sister Cristin Wilson
No comments:
Post a Comment