Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 24

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!! I hope you all are having a good day and remembering the Spirit of Christ today. Since I will be talking with a lot of you tomorrow this isn't going to be real long.
I wanted to take a minute this Christmas season to bear my testimony of the Savior. I had to do this on 14 December at a Christmas program us Sisters put on at the VC.... In fact, I think I've even got it on DVD. I'm sure you are all so excited to see that, huh?
Anyway, I've been thinking a lot lately about the song "Mary, Did you Know?" At sing along I went to I had the opportunity to listen to/read the words and they stuck with me. I think about the little Christ child born in a manger and wrapped in swaddling clothes. Do we know that He walked on water? Do we know that He gave sight to the blind? Do we know that He is the Son of God? The song goes on but I don't have the words right here with me. But they touched my heart. How much do we really know? Have we asked our Heavenly Father to tell us of these truths? Do we know those things our Savior did for us? As I see the Christus every day I think about the Atonement and what it does for me. I know that our Savior lives and loves each one of us. I know that He is always there waiting for us to lay our burdens at His feet. I know He wants to help us. I know He loves and cares for each one of us. I know that He has a plan for me. I know that His expectations for me are so much higher than I have for myself and He has a way prepared for us to accomplish those things. I know that this gospel is true. I know that through our Savior Jesus Christ is the only way for us to find that peace and happiness that we are looking for. I know that we are children of God. I know that we are here to be tested and tried; to find our way by faith rather than by sight. I know that we are led by a living prophet today. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God translated by the power of God. I know our Savior lives.
I love each of you. Have a very merry Christmas.

Love,
Sister Wilson
P.S. I survived yet another transfer in the Lee's Summit 2nd Ward; looks like I'm gonna die here. S. Weng is still with me and S. Harward joined us. LOVE YOU!
Pics...
1--Christmas Eve dinner (at Olive Garden) with the Stevenson's!! (S. Stevenson, Me, S. Weng, S. Harward, E. Stevenson)
2--We did service but S. Weng forgot her shoes and S. Harward forgot to bring her shirt. We were an interesting group for the day.
3--All the VC Sisters from last transfer
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment