Hey... I love you all. I honestly and truly do. I don't know what I would do without each of you in my life. I want you to know that I know that this gospel is true. I know Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that He loves each one of us and wants us to return to live with Him. I cannot even begin to cover how each one of you has touched and blessed my life. You are my support team for which I will be forever grateful.
We have had a relatively normal week as far a missionary work goes. Last Wednesday we were on exchanges; Sister Liu came to Lee's Summit 2nd Ward with us. Not as successful as we were hoping but we did get to visit Mona, a less active member. She is super sweet. Always super happy to see us. That night the visitor center closed early so all the Sisters could head over the to the stake center (next door) for a dinner provided by the Independence Stake. We provided the entertainment. Us Sisters played bells and the Elders acted out the nativity. Kind of funny.
Thursday we did our planning and froze because no one answered the door. We had our first performance at the VC that night. It was fun. Felt more like Christmas than it has to this point. We had a sing along; I loved that. Got to sit by the Stevenson's; best day every! 
Friday we had zone training, which I always love. The Elders were kind of mad at me (not really but it makes the story great). For our mission wide zone conference tomorrow someone had signed me up to sing a solo (HA!) which gets the Elders out of doing anything. I told them I'd be happy to do so but only if our zone leader would sing a solo, too. Knew I was pretty safe on that one. So, now, the entire zone is singing a musical number. Probably not their favorite person right now but I thought we should all get to share in the joy of the season. Friday afternoon/evening we had 2 member present lessons and found 2 new investigators. GREAT DAY! We were also able to teach Shayla, an 11-year-old girl and her brother. It was a good day.
Saturday was a visitor center day until 3pm... Not too many people came in. We had dinner with the Blake family. We got to be there as Tiffany opened her mission call. It brought back so many memories. We went around visiting people then noticed our phone was missing. We went back to the Blake's but couldn't find it. SIster Medel has super hearing because she was able to find it in some leaves where our car had been parked. Miracle! However, she doesn't hold the phone anymore... 
As always, I love Sunday. Shayla came to church with her brother. We are visiting them again tonight. We got fed dinner. And it was the Christmas Devotional... No longer the First Presidency Christmas Devotional... More change. And yesterday was a slow day at the VC... Only 2 presentations in 6 hours. That's typical, though. Last year was slow, too. Lot's of study time.
So... Yeah... That's my week. Missionary work all around. This week is going to by quickly, too. We have mission conference and Christmas parties and another VC performance. I can't wait to tell you all about it. You are all great. I love you!!!! Stay strong. Be courageous. Share the gospel!
LOVE YOU!!!
Sister Wilson
Pics...
1--Independence Stake Sisters... Plus my companionship-We're from KCMOZO!
2--This morning in freezing cold weather!
3--Sister Smith!
No comments:
Post a Comment