Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 5

Oh, my goodness! What a week it has been! Us missionaries were ungrounded Wednesday around noon. S. Stobbe took some time to get groceries before we had to be on shift at the VC. It was a cold, windy, blustery, wet day. BUT we perserved like good Utah girls! Thursday we had a fantastic home cooked meal with one of the ward members... Generally members get us take-out or take us out to eat. Real food was great for a change. We met with a recent convert, Cheyenne, and his home teachers at the VC and had a good evening contacting potential investigators. Friday was S. Stobbe's birthday. It was great. We had a training meeting, went to district meeting, then I treated her to lunch at Pizza Hut. A member brought us KFC for her birthday dinner. There was a ton of cake that day... I can't get away from the sugar here!
Saturday was really great. Sister Stobbe and I have both been called as potential trainers so we had the privilege of going to the mission home for a training and lunch. There are 30 new missionaries coming in tomorrow... Fifteen of them are Sisters! It's really great to be a part of the hastening of the work. I'm excited about being able to train. It should be a fun experience. I realized, though, that I have had a new companion each transfer. Maybe I'm the problem! ;) We had a great night for lessons before heading back to the VC to get a ride home. Good day!
Sunday was a broadcast stake conference. We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Christensen, Larry Echo-hawk, a RS presidency member, and Elder Oaks. It was an amazing conference. Even better--we had 2 investigators there! We had a large turkey dinner with the Kettlewell family (I've never had so many turkey dinners in my life!) with some of the YSA members. It was great food and good friends. The Kettlewell's bought me new PJ's!!! I was so excited! The ones I had had shrunk so bad!
Yesterday we had 4 fantastic lessons and found a new investigator. We went out to dinner at Golden Corral with Sayko and his boys. Sister Stobbe kept saying it was the food version of Disneyland; she'd never been there before.
Yeah, it has been a great week! I am grateful today for prayer. I am seeing the influence of the Holy Ghost more in my life because I have taken the time to make my prayers more focused and specific. I know that my prayers are being answered and the words to pray are filling my mouth. I know that I wouldn't be doing as well as I am here in Missouri without the power and influence of the Holy Ghost and the Savior to guide the way. I am learning so much about Zion. Not only a physical place but spiritually, too. I am learning who I want to become. I know there is so much in store for me but I have to be continually obedient to be able to receive those blessings. This church is true. Christ died for us. So that we may be with Him, as a family, again some day. Know that I love and miss you. Know that I pray for you and your well being. Stay strong and God will continue to be with you.
Love you all!
Sister Wilson
P.S. Transfers are on Thursday so my p-day may change again; it could be as early as Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment