Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 18

Hello, everyone! What a crazy week it was! I had to let everyone know that they couldn't judge us... We didn't get a lot of lessons in or anything but we did do a lot of good. We got ourselves organized and have a fantastic white board. We also met with our Relief Society President and activities person to start to get some excitement going. We are super excited for everything that will be happening in the Branch shortly. It will be great to get things going and moving... Now, we just need to get our ward mission leader excited.
 
 
So, I had the opportunity to spend Tuesday night at the hospital with Sister Weng. She was a super sick Sister! I learned two valuable lessons.... First, hospitals and sleep just don't go together. I think I might have gotten 4 hours max. Second, I really would make an awful nurse. At one point during the night (like 1am!!) the nurses were trying to take S. Weng's blood. I have had blood taken before but I don't like watching myself get poked so I never do. I was standing there holding S. Weng's hand as they tried to take blood. One arm just wasn't having it and wouldn't give them anything so they went to the other arm. That didn't work either. There was no blood coming. There she was just sitting with a needle sticking out of her arm and I almost fainted!! SERIOUSLY! I have never passed out but I got incredibly close that night while standing up! I got tunnel vision; everything was going black; I got really hot and feverish and I wanted to throw up. BECAUSE OF A NEEDLE! It was pretty bad. I was grateful one of the nurses needed to stand where I was so I could sit down before I passed out. It was quite the experience. Dannielle, hats off to you.
 
 
So, Wednesday was difficult for me to stay awake but I did it! It was hard, though, cuz Sister D was sick. We were quite the pair I'm sure. Thursday I had the privilege of spending the morning with Sister Weng (thus the awkward pic). She made some great milestones... She took a shower and ate chicken fried steak!! It was so great. She did come home on Saturday and is doing much better. It will still be a bit of a recovery but she is doing well. I am so blessed to have been able to spend some time with her.
 
Is it sad that I don't have a lot of missionary experiences to share with you? We really did accomplish a lot, I promise!!! Hmm... How about an experience from the VC? This week I've had quite a few groups with kids that I've taken around. We talked alot about Zion and what our role and purpose is in Zion. I asked each of them what they would do this week to build Zion at home with their families. I told them that what I would do was send you a link to a Mormon message to watch and give me feed back on. Sooo....
 
 
 
This was shared at a VC training this week. I know it's about Father's but I want you to think about it with your purpose in mind. What is your purpose as a father, mother, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, daughter, son, etc. I really loved the perspective it gave me and the ability to think outside the box. I hope you loved it as much as I did and will give me your feedback on what you learned. :D
 
 
I'm really excited to have a new niece this week. Mat is aware that he needs to send pictures ASAP but... you know Mat . So, everyone send pictures!! The cutest pic of my newest niece wins a free tour of the VC or Liberty Jail from yours truly.
 
Sorry I don't have more to tell you!!! I love you all, though, and am beyond grateful for all your love, support, and prayers in my behalf. I am growing so much and really loving life. I can't believe how fast time is going. I'll be back bugging you all to heck before you know it. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Lots of love, hugs, and kisses!!!
Sis
P.S. Missionaries love pictures for birthday's....

No comments:

Post a Comment