Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 25

Hello, everyone! What a crazy week it has been! I cannot believe how much time has flown by and all the things I have learned this week. Let me see...
Dinners provided by the YSA's are pretty funny. Last week one meal consisted of an entire roasted chicken, an open bag of dried/candied pineapple and 2 rice krispie treats. It was really pretty funny. I'm thinking about making a calendar of all these random YSA meals. We had a great appointment with our investigator, Jeff. He has an RLDS background and is not okay with some of the things we believe. S. Diederich and I have been thinking that he is not real sincere in learning about the church but didn't know how to approach it. So, during one point of our lesson I looked at him rather boldly and told him I thought he was lacking real intent (Moroni 10:3-5). I don't know what else I really said but I do know that I have never been so bold in a lesson but it was what he needed to hear. S. Diederich was impressed that I actually told him all that I did. He said we didn't offend him or scare him off but he did cancel our appointment for this week.....
Thursday was a great day. We didn't have to be on shift at the VC so we spent our entire day proselyting. It's much better to catch YSA's in the evening. We had 3 lessons after dinner with the branch president. We felt it was a succesful evening and were thrilled to not have zero's on our goals for the day. Thrusday night was kind of hard. Due to misionaries coming and going randomly we had a mid-transfer transfer. Two of the sisters from the VC were transferred out to full proselyting areas. It was a really hard and emotional night. With regular transfers we at least know they are coming. This was totally out of the blue. On a regular transfer day we have two nights and a day to prepare and get everything ready to go. Not so in this case. Everything was done spur of the moment. Sister (S) Wilson went with us to zone conference but did not come home with us. It was (and still is) different.
Friday was an emotionally/spiritually draining day. We had zone conference Friday morning. I absolutely love zone conference. It was a spiritually overwhelming experience with so much knowledge and insight gained. We got to see the new boundaries for the missions.... Kansas Wichita is going to be huge! It basically covers most of Kansas. I hope and pray every day for the strength to be okay with whatever mission the Lord needs me in. The closer it gets the harder it is to think about being transferred out! This change is only 2 transfers away! Two transfers until July, can you believe it?!
Saturday I was on exchanges with Sister Fuenzalida. She is great. She is from SLC and is serving in the Riverview Ward. I was super nervous when we drove up to the church parking lot... A gated church parking lot. Yep, after that experience I was grateful to be back in Independence... Sketchy as I thought it was. (No worries, I'm not leaving out any scary experiences! We really did stay safe!)
Sunday was yet another snow day! I really don't like snow day on Sunday's... We studied long and hard, called many people who didn't answer the phone, went on shift for a few hours at the VC then came back and studied more with Sister Gines and Sister Bridenbaugh. It was really great. We went over the "Easter Week" talk in April's Ensign. I invite each of you to do that.
Hmm... I think that's about it. It really was a good week. We went from 1 lesson last week to 5 this week--IMPROVEMENT! The work is slowly picking up. We are starting a 40 day fast tomorrow in the branch (every day for 40 days a member of the branch will be fasting). We need help with miracles; finding the lost and wandering sheep. Remember I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers and support. Lot's of love!
Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment