Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous New Year holiday! As a missionary mine wasn't too eventful--Sister Lewis and I didn't even know there was a fireworks show going on; we slept right through it! What did we do this week? Hmmm... New Year's Eve we spent some time with Ernestine at the hospital. Her kidney was basically shutting down, she had an infection, and her diabetes was way out of wack. She was a super sick sister. She is home now, though. She got home yesterday or today; I'm not completely sure. She sounds much better and is slowly on the mend. Sister Lewis and I plan to take her to do baptisms for the dead before the end of the month.
We had a really interesting New Year's day dinner. The family we ate with consisted of 3 children plus mom and dad. Dad spoke to the kids in Spanish and Mom in French. The English phrase they used? "We only invited the missionaries over because you kept asking when they were coming..." Yep, very welcoming.
It was all good, though. They warmed up by the end... and we get to go back in a week or so-yeah! We are still meeting with Vivian. She is way sweet! She went shopping with one of the ward members and her daughter on Saturday; she was so excited. They bought a dress for a youth dance. She wore it on Sunday and looked great! I love our ward here; always so happy and willing to help out. The support is amazing to me.
Heather is still doing great. She text us this morning to ask if we were still good to go with her baptism and what time it would be at. Sister Lewis are working on scheduling that before we see her tonight. We had dinner with Brother and Sister Cliffe last night. They are a great couple... and super healthy. They're all natural, grow it yourself kind of people. We had Jumbleaya (?) with mixed veggies and creamed cabbage. The cabbage wasn't my favorite but the rest was okay.
Sorry, not too much exciting going on around here. Lot's of missionary work. I want each of you to know how grateful I am for each of you individually. I wish I had time to personalize this for each of you. I'm grateful that I was blessed with such a wonderful family. I know that life here is but for a short time and all the trials and tribulations that we go through will only help us grow stronger. I am grateful to know that life does not end here; that there is so much more that we have to look forward to. I love you all a ton. Stay safe. Stay strong. Be Christlike. LOVE YOU!
Sister Wilson
1--What Visitor Center sisters do for New Years.... (S. Lewis, Me, S. Spivey, S. Ogletree, S. Hansen)
2--Lunch with the Stevenson's!
3--S. Lewis and I LOVE Belgian waffles!
No comments:
Post a Comment