Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! (Just in case everyone forgot....) How is everyone doing? Life is great (and cold) here in Missouri. We are working hard and doing our best to be obedient and serve the Lord with 10)% diligence. We have had a great week. Monday we met with a less active member and her kids. The member wasn't interested in listening to our message but her girls (ages 10 and 8) were really soaking up what we had to tell them about how much God loves them. It's hard to know where to go with them, though. Their mom isn't really open to helping them keep commitments. Fortuneately, their grandma lives in the other ward and they go to church with her. We also met with the Ruis family. I just love this family! Mom was raised in the church but fell away. Her husband (? long story) and kids were all baptized this last year. We are trying to reactivate them and help them to understand the importance of the covenants they made.
OH! Monday miracle! After emailing we went down to Eden's Bookstore (small version of Seagull Book) to pick up a journal for another sister. The man who runs the store is in our ward. He asked as we were checking out if we knew anyone that read Braille. Yes, we do! The Friday before we had met with Alma who had just moved into our ward. She had had to leave Colorado in a hurry and had to leave behind her Braille scriptures. Brother Marion was giving away the Braille Book of Mormon and asked us to give it to her! How cool is that! Such a tender mercy of the Lord!
Tuesday we met with Ernestine-and set a date to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead! Ernestine is so excited! She called us yesterday after meeting with Bishop. "I got it! I got it! We can go to the temple!" It was so cute! I think we're going to shoot for next Wednesday. I LOVE the temple! We also met with Heather-she is so great! I love how super blunt and to the point she is.
Wednesday we had 3 appointments and were on shift. Thursday was full of meetings; didn't get much teaching done. We had the privilege Thursday night of going to the Adam's reception in Independence. Elder and Sister Adams have served as visitor center directors for the last 2 years; they left for home on Saturday. All the sisters and senior missionaries met to honor their service and bid them farewell. The Adam's are going home to South Ogden. They are actually in the Richard's ward (Rob and Nikki). I can't believe how fast I came to love them. They are great people. I'm grateful they live so close!
Friday we met with Heather again. It went well. She finished all her lessons-and passed! We had dinner at their house and had a great conversation. She and her husband were shocked to find out that we could not go outside of our ward boundaries. She let us know that next time she feeds us she will be buying fast food--we can't get that in our area! It was fun. She had her baptism interview--and passed! Our district leader let us sweat it out for a few minutes, though.
Heather got baptized on Saturday! It was a great baptism--Heather planned it all. (That's just how Heather is!) I don't have the same connection with Heather as I do Ernestine but I do love Heather and have learned a lot from her. I am grateful I got to be a part of her baptims; to see her grow and change. I'm gonna have to tell you in person how I reacted when she first contacted me... I can dramatize it pretty well.
Sunday was great, too! Sister Lewis and I were asked to bear our testimonies in sacrament meeting on being prepared to serve a mission. I really enjoyed being able to share; and loved hearing from the others as well. we had the privilege of hearing from President and Sister Keyes and recent converts Sunday night. It was a great spiritual evening.
Well, that was my week in a nutshell. I'm grateful to be a missionary. To learn, grow, and do better. I love teaching the gospel and meeting different people. I'm grateful to be at the Liberty Jail. I know I have learned a lot. Love you all a ton! I miss you and pray for you. May God continue to be with you!
Love,
Sister Wilson
PICTURES
1--Me, Heather, Richard, Sis. Lewis
2--Who's so short?!
3--My district (E. Master, E. Felila, E. Hansen, E. Tolliver, S. Castellano, S. Call, Me, S. Lewis)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment