Hello, everyone! Are you enjoying winter yet? Sister Lewis and I are not but we just walk fast and quote the "Emporer's New Groove" to distract us from the lack of feeling in our toes. We had a good week; not as busy as we would have liked but still good.
Monday--We had great lessons with Heather and the Ruis family. Heather is all set to get baptized this coming Saturday; we're super excited for that. Did I ever tell you her story? I don't remember... She has been off limits to the missionaries since I got here. I don't know what happened I just knew I couldn't contact her. But she comes to church each week and is super knowledgeable in the gospel. She's had baptism dates before but it hasn't worked out. The week Sister Coplan left (and I was kind of companion-less) Heather text me and asked how to meet with the mission president. What?! I can't contact you! What do I do? Long story short; with Bishop's approval I sent her a text letting her know that when she met with Bishop she could talk to him about it. Her next text read "thanks. He's the one I go to for a baptism interview, correct?" Well, no but.... MIRACLE! Heather agreed to have Sister Lewis and I come in and question her about the lessons (she refused the discussions for the 4th time around) and is doing well. She's excited for her baptism this weekend. She is a great person. I love her family and would hang out all day with them if I could. :D
Tuesday--We had a lesson with Angela who we met at another investigators house. Angela is the cream of the crop right now. She is keeping her commitment of reading the Book of Mormon AND she came to church! She is a great person that just needs a little tender loving care. Miss Betty took Sister Lewis and I out for lunch... It was good food but we've got to go back. You can't eat what you want when the person paying has limited funds.
Thursday--(Yeah, I know I skipped Wednesday but not a lot of interesting/new stuff) We had zone training. It was really great. I love getting together with the other missionaries and being edified of them. Our zone is probably the best, too. We didn't get a lot of visiting done; we had to study and weekly plan. We did meet with Heather again, though. Have I mentioned how great she is?
Friday--I was on exchanges with Sister Call. She's super fun. We had another lesson with Angela and also met with Kimberly; we took Sister Crump with us. Both lessons went great! Sister Crump bore powerful testimony to both of them and is really helping them to understand their importance of being daughters of our Heavenly Father. Kimberly didn't come to church :( but that's okay... Sister Call and I had planned a stellar lesson for the Ruis family. President Keyes was going to come teach it with us! Unfortuneately, the Ruis family cancelled literally at the last second. I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to that lesson until it didn't happen. The more I thought about it the sadder I got about the opportunity the Ruis family missed.
Saturday--We had a super busy shift at the Jail. I didn't see Sister Lewis basically all morning. I had the privilege of taking a group of young men and their leaders through. It was so awesome! I really love getting to know all the people that come in but I really connected with this group. I can't really remember what I said to them...that's how I know that I wasn't giving the tour. One of their leaders (aka: the bishop) let me know how grateful he was for my testimony and he was sure that every young man had felt something. I got talking to him afterwards. Come to find out he had a daughter return home from her mission the day before AND he has a son with autsim. I wish I could have talked with him more.
Sunday is the best; who doesn't love church? We found a new investigator AND got to have a little party at the Jail. Hooray for yogurt parfaits!
This morning Sister Lewis dragged me out of bed at 5:55 to go play ultimate frisbee with the Elders.... Don't tell her but I actually had fun... And they learned to only throw the frisbee to me from short distances. :D
Well, I'll see if I can send some pictures. Remember, I love you tons and miss you like crazy!!!!
Love,
Sister Wilson
P.S. Please spread the word that my FULL NAME needs to be on all mail!
PICTURES
1--Me, Sister Lewis and the Adam's
2--Yogurt parfaits! S. Ogletree and I with the Simper's
3--Liberty Zone!
No comments:
Post a Comment