Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 2 - In the Mission Feild!

So, my last few days at the MTC were rather hectic. We didn't get a lot of time to pack so we had to stay up late then wake up early to get roomies off to the airport. I think I'm still catching up on sleep.

Anyway, my plane left right on time last Wednesday--weird! We made it to the Kansas City airport without any complications. I've never seen so many people use an airplane bathroom, though. I should've taken some data on that. The first people we met were President and Sister Keyes-I LOVE them already. They are great loving, wonderful people. I am so happy to be a part of their mission--ZION!
Our group of 25 (biggest group yet) got to visit the Kansas City temple grounds, take a tour of Liberty Jail, and Independence Visitor Center before heading to the mission home. We had a welcome orientation and Sis. Keyes (as well as the rest of the staff) made us homemade lasagna for dinner--REAL FOOD! It was amazing. Pres. Keyes interviewed us before we retired to our beds. Guess where I'm serving? I'm at Liberty Jail with the Liberty 1st ward as my area. I'm told it's the coveted assignment in the mission field and it's where I get to start! I'm in a trio with Sister Lisonbee and Sister Coplan. There are 8 sisters living in our house--I'm sending pics.

I'm really enjoying myself. I was super nervous about knowing/remembering everything but I'm doing good. By the end of my first shift at the jail I had given a half tour. By my second day I was doing the whole tour with my companions shadowing me. Yesterday I gave tours by myself. It's so wonderful to be part of this amazing work! I've also had some experiences with tracting... Not my favorite thing yet but I'm working on it. We've met some nice and not-so-nice people. Last night we had dinner with a family; they are absolutely wonderful and gave us a lot of information about who we should or should not contact. I'm still learning the routine and people but I'm doing well. There is so much to learn/memorize that I'm trying to just remember it all right now. My p-days will be on Tuesday this transfer so I hope to hear from you all before then. Remember I love and wish I could email you all individually!

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment