Hello, everyone! I can't believe how fast each week goes! Is time flying by as fast for you as it is for me?
We had a great week last week--we taught 21 lessons. Well, we wish they would have all been with investigators but they were not, just random lessons we taught. We were so excited for Sunday, we had 12 people that were suppose to come to church! We got one... Dang! I've told you about Kimberly, right? She was going to come but she had an awful night with one of her kids, she promised to be there next Sunday. When we met with her last Friday she was so excited to tell us about the revelation she had received that she was going in the right direction and that she should continue to look into the "Mormon" church. It was great! We have a Halloween activity on Saturday we're going to invite her and her family to.
Chris was suppose to come to church, too, but he wasn't feeling well and he forgot about our appointment yesterday-ah! We rescheduled for Friday and are going to have a member of the ward (Cody) go with us again. He came out with us last night, too. We knocked a bunch of doors. There is an elderly lady (Betty Robinson) in our ward. She had a hip infection recently and was hospitalized for a couple days. We went over yesterday to see how she was doing and ended up doing an hours worth of service. We were late for our dinner appointment but it was great. Last week at the Jail I met Mrs. Horgesheimer's son. It was kind of crazy; there aren't too many of them around. She is still alive and living in Bountiful. Life wasn't all that different this week; just a bunch of missionary work.
I am so grateful to get and read all of your emails. I am so happy to hear how well everyone (most everyone) is doing. I really do love being a missionary and am loving Missouri-it is beautiful country. One day I WILL get you all back here to see everything. Not only are there a bunch of church sites/historical markers but there is just a lot of history I won't get to see as a missionary. It's a wonderful place and I want to share it with you someday. Keep me posted on life-send pictures-and I will keep you in my prayers. LOVE YOU ALL!
Cristin
(Make sure the little ones see this picture! Remember-I'm holding you responsible if they don't know me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment