Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sept. 21

I'm giving you 2 minutes to read Matthew 28:19-20. Ready, go!!! (Insert Jeopardy theme song here.) Guess what?! THAT'S ME! I am helping to fulfill that prophecy!!! When I got my mission call to a visitor center (VC) I assumed I would be giving tours and spouting all sorts of historical facts and calling it good. NOT SO! We went to Temple Square on Wednesday and took a tour. It was a "feel good" tour. My job as a VC sister is to inspire others to change from the message I give them. What other missionaries do in an hour time period I have about 5 minutes to accomplish--AHH! But it's great! I am so excited. Not only am I going to be inspiring others to change but I also get to be an online missionary. When people go to mormon.org there is a chat button where they can speak with a missionary--me! We hold chat ''lessons," email, skype and stay in contact with our investigators for the entire length of their conversion and after. No other missionaries gets to do that. My teacher, Sister Clark, was telling us this week that in September alone there have been 152 baptisms due to online referrals--and the month isn't over yet. Sister Clark has been working with an investigator from Italy who is coming to SLC to watch General Conference and be baptized. AWESOME! You know those nations that don't have an official mission yet? There are still members of the Church over there due to the online mission. I am so excited to be a part of that. I'm bound and determined NOT to be a 'feel good' missionary but one that inspires everyone I come into contact with to change.

Well, our Elders left on Wednesday. Tuesday was an extremely emotional day for everyone. I love those Elders so much and am grateful for the opportunity I have to work with them. I threatened each of them if I didn't hear from them in 6 months. I can't wait for you to meet everyone I've come to know and love here! I've never before understood charity and Christlike love... I think I'm getting it now. So, since our Elders left we (the 4 leftover VC Sisters) got a new district. A district of all girls. They are all great people who I am super excited to get to know and love. Sister Arakaki and Moeller are going to the L.A. VC, Sister Wygant to Kirtland, and the rest of us to Missouri. Two of our "Missourians" are Spanish sisters.

I love Sunday's at the MTC! Last week for Relief Society we had the privilege of hearing from Sheri Dew. It was so great! She talked about the privilege we have of being women in the Church and all the responsibility that comes from that. For our fireside we got to hear from W. Tracy Watson (he's over proselyting). He talked about the Book of Mormon and how it's his best friend and how I need to strive to make it my best friend--Fabulous! For our Sunday night movie we watched Elder Bednar's 'Character of Christ' devotional that he gave on Christmas Day at the MTC. It was such a wonderful experience. I don't know that I've ever been more inspired to change and do better. I've begun reading the B.ofM. more diligently and am gaining so much. I'm also looking for Christ's attributes in myself--not always an easy thing to do.

Well, that's about the excitement from me. I fly out Wednesday morning at 10:45--wave to me! ;) I really, truly appreciate all your emails and wish I could respond individually to each one. Needless to say, I am grateful for your love and love each of you so much! You're in my prayers. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!


Sis. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment