Happy Labor Day! Hope you are all busy not working and having a great time. Another week has flown by and Sister Thompson and I have seen a lot of miracles.
Last Monday we had family home evening with the Curless family. They are so great and so much fun to be around. I feel super blessed to be able to be a part of their conversion. Tuesday we had a great appointment with Terry. Probably the best we had yet. He is unsure of what he needs to do and is confused. He is now earnestly looking for a church to join. As always we invited him to church and HE CAME! It surprised us both but he was there and asked lots of good questions. He has a lot of potential. That said, he asked us to not come back for a month as he has another religion he wants to "try." Well, okay. But I did get his consent to send him scripture texts and if friends from the ward come visit him, and the Elders show up... We're not going to let him forget the feelings or things he has learned when we've been with him.
I don't know if I told you but last week we had a call from a woman in Far West referring her daughter's friend to us; he is in the YSA boundaries. Well, we got hold of him, Austin, and set up an appointment for Thursday but he came to church yesterday with his friend, too! He's really great and has a sincere desire to learn more about the church and how to draw closer to his Savior. I'm excited for the opportunity to work with Austin.
Sister Thompson wasn't feeling so great Tuesday and Wednesday so I made her sleep. Wednesday night she made sure we met with the Curless family again. We reviewed the Restoration and had a great lesson with them. By the end of the evening we had 3 people on date to be baptized (Mom, Dad, and Sister) and had set up a schedule to make all the appointments/lessons they need to have before baptism. It has been so wonderful to see this family grow closer together and more unified. We have seen them open up and draw closer together right before our eyes. I absolutely love seeing the Atonement at work!
Thursday morning we did service for Sister Mack. She owns a company that helps adults with disabilities to get support and care. The company has 2 big events they put on each year to help these adults and also a family event that is really great. The Elders, Sister Thompson, and I went to her storage unit this week to help her organize. She has a couple employees that will go to the Hallmark warehouse once a month and get donations. It is amazing what Hallmark donates. All their surplus and damaged or broken goods (that work perfectly fine). This months donation consisted of a ton of music boxes and snow globes as well as books and stuffed animals. It's really great to know that all these donations will be going to adults with disabilities who generally don't get much. Thursday evening we met with Sister Key. She was baptized a year ago and is preparing to go to the temple to be sealed to her husband. She is an amazing person! I seriously wish you could just meet all the people I know and love here in Missouri!
Friday was a great day. we found a new investigator as we walked around. His name is Errol and he is from Jamaica. We're excited to go back and teach him this week. Saturday we did service for a YSA from the branch. We helped her and her mom move. There was a lot of people there so we didn't really do much but she appreciated it and was grateful to have 'her' missionaries there. We spent some time looking for less active young single adults before heading back to Blue Springs to study before dinner. We met with Jacob that night (his whole family was there!) and taught them about the Priesthood. We also participated in a mission fast; which is always fantastic!
Sunday was the greatest! Jacob was confirmed a member of the Church--so awesome! We had 6 friends come to church (that's a record for me!) David (a less active) came to the single adult branch. Dinner was amazing, especially after fasting. We got to go to the Independence Visitor Center to hear Jacob bear his testimony at President's Devotional. (Once a month Pres. and Sis. Keyes come for a devotional. We get to hear recent convert testimonies before they speak. It's my favorite!) President was excited to meet the Curless family because we tell him so much about them. It was just a great day. I came home physically exhausted from the spiritual overload.
So, yeah, there is my week. I love being a missionary. I love teaching other people about our Savior and Redeemer. I love having a whole cruise ship full of new friends. I love that I get to be enveloped by the Spirit each and every day. I know this church is true and I know I am doing what my Heavenly Father wants me to do. I love each of you so much! Thanks for keeping me up to date on life and everything you are all doing. My family really is the greatest. Stay strong and be courageous in sharing the gospel. LOVE YOU!!!
Sister Wilson
Pics...
1-Elder Lowry, E. Thomas, Me, and S. Thompson doing service for Sister Mac
2-With the Curless fam at the VC

3-Me and Sister Thompson--LOVE THIS GIRL!
No comments:
Post a Comment