The person who can tell me where time goes will get a gold star. It's Monday again! Can anyone believe it!? I hope you have all had a fantastic week! What did we do?
Hmmm... Tuesday night we met with Austin. He's a really great guy. There isn't anything that I have found that he hasn't done or isn't doing. He's 20 years old and has a wide variety of talents and hobbies. We went with him to the visitor center on Saturday to watch the Joseph Smith movie. He seemed to really enjoy it. He was unable to find a ride to church and his phone is broken
so it could be an interesting week.
We met with Angela on Wednesday. She is a less active member that we have been working with. She is a labor and deliver nurse; I love her a ton! She is super sweet and lots of fun. We read Elder Holland's talk "Lord, I Believe" with her. It was great! I loved the reminder that we needed to be true to the faith that we do have. Sometimes I think that we, as individuals, think that we don't know enough. But we do! What we know, in this gospel, will always trump what we don't know. Angela came to church this week with her 2 girls Super cute family. I have been so blessed to be able to work with them.
Wednesday night we met with the Curless family. We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Last night we went to the VC with the Curless family and watched the Joseph Smith movie; it's a good thing I like that one. They enjoyed it and were grateful for the visual of everything we have been talking about. We are excited for their baptism this Saturday. It'll be a great day. More news to follow next week on that one!
I spent Thursday in Warrensburg on exchanges with Sister Challis. They only cover the singles branch. I'm grateful to have a family ward and a singles branch. I would go stir crazy just trying to find singles all day. Being away from Blue Springs definitely made me grateful for what I have. (ie: my living quarters) I use to think my bed was pretty crappy, not so much any more. And I get the opportunity to live with fabulous, clean people. I have study space and free use of the kitchen. Yep, definitely grateful for what I have.
Friday we spent a lot of time looking for YSA's... and didn't have a lot of success. We had dinner with Sister Miller, Sister Turk, (both sisters in the ward) and the Elders. It was a funny experience.... Talk about random, and possiby slightly inappropriate, topics of conversation for dinner. Made it entertaining, though. We had lots of appointments scheduled on Saturday but they all fell through.
Yeah, that was our week. Lot's of missionary work going on. We've got a super busy week ahead of us but I won't give you any spoiler alerts. Gotta save that for next week. I love you all a ton! I'm grateful for each of you and the influence you have had/are having on me. I know I am doing what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. It's hard work but it's rewarding work because it is His work. I'm excited for general conference. I look forward to receiving scripture from our prophets. I look forward to having answered those questions that are on my mind. I love you all!!!
Sister Wilson
Pics!
1--At the VC with Austin! (Katy, Ben, Ashley, Amber, Austin)
2--My district E. Hepworth, E. Powell, E. Lowry, E. Thomas, Me, S. Thompson
No comments:
Post a Comment