Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9

Hello, all my favorite people! I don't have a whole lot to say right now as I DO get to Skype on Sunday! Hooray! I know I say it alot but I really can't believe how fast time goes. These months since Christmas has flown by. S. Diederich and I will be using the computer at the home of our High Councilman, Brother Fuimaono. I will be getting on between 7:15 and 7:30 Missouri time, so 6:15ish Utah time. I have a fun story from yesterday to tell, about a man named Ken. Remind me to act it out for you... I'm sure it will show my true Wilson/Berrett side. :D
Hmm.... It's been a crazy week! I absolutely love serving in the Branch and getting to know all the young single adults. It's been really good for me to get a different perspective than the one I was involved in at home. I don't know that I'm willing to go to the singles ward as a non-missionary but I understand better the struggles that small congregations go through.
We have lots of fun going to the Family Home Evening activities; so many people come out for the sporting or active/involved events. We meet lots of inactive/non-members but don't have time to build enough of a relationship of trust to ask if they are interested in learning more. It's a work in progress for sure. I'm pretty sure I won't see the fruits of my labors but I remind myself that I am setting the foundation for those that come behind me.
We have 1 investigator right now. His name is Brandon. He was a referral from a member of the Branch. We've only met with him twice but he has agreed to get baptized... Now, we just need him to meet with us again. It was pretty cool, really. He cancelled one appointment so we called to reschedule but he never got back to us. So, last Monday he showed up at the VC randomly while S. Diederich and I were on shift. We were both surprised and a little shocked to see him there but we smiled and quickly came up with a lesson plan... We watched Finding Faith in Christ and talked about how faith requires action and work on his part. One thing lead to another, S. Diederich asked him to be baptized and he agreed. YEAH! We have a lot to teach in the next few weeks but it'll be good. Brandon is a child of God and needs the gospel as much as anyone.
So, yeah.... I really don't have a lot right now. I did have an "ah ha" moment in studies the other day. I was reading about Nephi, Laman, and Lemuel. I just don't get how Laman and Lemuel can be so dense. Really, they saw an angel and STILL murmured! Anyway, after they finish building the boat and are on their way to the promised land, Laman and Lemuel become exceedingly rude dancing and making merry, etc. When Nephi tries talking to them they bind him up. For 4 days, while a storm rages Nephi suffers persecution. When Laman and Lemuel realize that they are the cause for the storms and release Nephi the first thing Nephi does is praise God without murmuring. Amazing, huh?! And I thought my life was awful and bad sometimes! Thinking about Nephi made me think about Joseph Smith and all that he faced. He was in Liberty Jail for 4 months in the most inhuman and miserable conditions. The last verse of scripture that he writes from Liberty says this...
Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the csalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
You know, if these men can go through all of this and have such positive attitudes, knowing that God is there and helping them through, then what do I have to complain about? My life is wonderful. I am blessed and loved. Yes, I may be given hard things to do but it's not the end of the world. I am not yet as Job. The Savior has suffered more than any one. I have no reason to be anything but cheerful with those situations that are given to me. How I react to any situation is what matters. My attitude can make or break a situation. This isn't anything new; I know this and I know each one of you knows it, too. But... I know that I need to do better. I know that each day being a good day depends on me. The more confidence and trust I show in the Savior for those situations He has given me the more blessed I will be. This life is a test; we are here to prove ourselves to God. It is my goal to be cheerful in every situation. To take a breath and smile and know that "it will all work out."
I love you all. I miss you all. I know that I am exactly where the Lord needs be to be right now. I don't know what will happen with the mission split but I do know that God will send me where He needs me. Stay strong and be courageous and may God continue to be with you!
Hugs & Kisses!
Sister Wilson
Pics...
1--Kansas City BBQ! (You will be amazed at what I will eat when I get home...)
2--Personal time activities.... (When everyone comments on the gray you've got to get rid of it!)
3--This is 1 May 2013. The weather in Missouri is completely Bi-Polar
4--Peeps anyone? The things people bring to the VC for us to eat....
5--With the Pugsley's! They go home at the end of this month.







No comments:

Post a Comment