Hello my favorite family! Another week has flown by like crazy... Well, okay... this week has gone by slower than all the rest; I'm not really sure why but it has. Our schedule got back to somewhat normal this week but we still haven't been able to accomplish all that we wanted to. We've had lots of unplanned service opportunities and random VC shifts pop up. I don't think I realized how many meetings missionaries had. Add those meetings to VC shifts and there isn't a whole lot of time left to be out in our area teaching the gospel. It's all right, though. I do my best to fulfill my purpose--to prepare to find and teach OR to find and teach. That's all I can do. It really will all work out.
We had a training this morning with basically ALL the VC sisters; those out full proselyting and not. A representative from SLC was there. It really made me want to be better; do better at the VC to help all that come in to have a desire to change. I didn't realize the training was going to be as big as it was. President Keyes was there, too. He talked for a minute and let us know that he had met with Elder Ballard before coming on his mission. Elder Ballard let him know that every VC Sister was handpicked by the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles; that serving at the VC was a very sacred calling to them. How cool is that! My call really is the best in the world. :D It was a really great training.... Hope I can stay at the VC to put everything in action.
I had an interesting experience Sunday night. We have gotten lots of emails about tornados and needing to have a safe place to go; who we needed to call in event of a tornado; etc. Well, no worries, the tornados never touched down here but we did have a crazy storm. S. Diederich and I were out visiting people in our area. We knew we were driving into the storm but it wasn't raining yet. We made contact with one family of a YSA we were looking for. When we got in the car it started to pour. S. Diederich said she was okay visiting more people so I decided to suck it up and deal with it. Before we got to the end of the street I found myself saying, "No, S. Diederich, I don't feel comfortable. We need to go back to the VC." She said okay and off we went. At one point we were stopped at a light. It was raining HARD on the back of our car but nothing was hitting the front--WHAT?! I love a good rain storm; I love Missouri storms but this one kind of freaked me out a little bit. The rain was coming down basically horizontally and the wind was blowing it every which way. Scared me a bit to be out it in. We made it safely to the VC where it wasn't raining as hard then booked it from the car to the front door (maybe from the front door of the house in Roy to the house across the street) we were completely drenched. Soaking, dripping wet. But only on the front side; my backside was bone dry. When we got inside we found a couple Elders and a guest had come in to take refuge from the storm, too. It stopped raining a half hour later or so... I got cold after that.
Well, another transfer has come and gone. Transfer calls come in Tuesday night. I don't think I will still be in the YSA branch but I don't know if I will stay at the VC or not. Heck! I don't even know if I will still be in the Missouri Independence Mission! It's all right, though. I know God has a plan for me. I know He knows exactly where I need to be. I know I am ready and willing to serve wherever He needs me to be. This is Christ's gospel. It is organized so perfectly that there isn't any question that all is well in His hands. How grateful I am to be His instrument!
So, I'd like you all to take a poll. Post it on FB, put it on my blog... Which mission will Sister Wilson be in come next Thursday? Kansas Wichita or Missouri Independence? I really want to know what you think... And, I expect an email from each of you with a response. If I do get transferred out I am going to try to email Wednesday so I'd appreciate your responses by then. I'm going to close now... Sorry if i don't send pictures.... This computer has logged me off 3 times. I love you all! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Hugs and Kisses!
No comments:
Post a Comment