Friday, November 15, 2013

Nov 15

Hello to my favorite family! Well, I think you're my favorite. I haven't heard from some of you recently.... Wish I had time to write you all! Keep me updated on life, though. I want to know what is going on with you. Gotta keep me in the know, ya know?
It's been a rather uneventful week. I really don't have a whole ton to share with you as far as work in the Lee's Summit 2nd Ward is concerned. Sister Weng and I are going to be staying together for this transfer. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve with her. She is fantastic; she's got a lot of Asian stubborness and sass.... We get along great! We are working hard to find those who are prepared and ready to receive the gospel. We are doing our best to find and meet those in our ward who we don't know. We are staying busy at the VC. Not always with guests but with studying, chatting, and referral calling. Lots for us to do. Each day is continually going faster. Time is definitely flying by.
Remember that girl I told you about that came into the VC? She wanted information on the Mormon culture to do a paper for one of her classes. I have been in contact with her via email. Anyway, the sisters in the YSA she is close to told me the other day that she came to church! On her own! The sisters had been unable to contact her but I had given her the information; and she went to church. I was grateful to hear about it. I haven't really enjoyed referral calling or chat because I haven't really had many positive experiences but I'm grateful for this experience. I know that our Heavenly Father places us where we most need to be so that we can touch those than we need to touch. Definitely boosted my testimony of referrals.
Missouri has turned dreary. All the leaves fell off the trees overnight and now it's kind of gross looking. It got cold, too. Not snowy weather but lots of wind that goes right through you. I've pulled my winter coat out a couple times but try to boycott it when I can.
We had a Bible study a few weeks ago. We were studying John 2. We talked about the miracle of turning water into wine in great detail. As we studied I thought about the fact that many people would have been at that wedding; lots of friends and relatives. How many of those people that were present really knew and understood that they were witnessing a miracle? How many knew that Christ had just performed this wonderful thing? Not many of them. So many people were present and very few of their eyes were open. The Bible dictionary tells us "Miracles were and are a response to faith and its best encouragement. They were never wrought without prayer, felt need, and faith." Those people that saw that miracle had the faith to do so. I've attached the Bible video below for this miracle.. I LOVE Bible videos.
That's about it from my end; sorry it's so short. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I'll chat with you again soon... P-day will be on Tuesday, now! LOVE YOU!!!!
Sister Wilson
Pics...
1--Inside the Community of Christ Temple. Been 14 months and I just got there...
2--Me and Mary Phillps... She is 92 and got baptized at the beginning of this year-she is great!
3--Me and my stubborn Asian companion
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment