You know, one day someone is going to be able to answer the question for me... WHERE DOES TIME GO?! It continues to fly by. However, this week has been a slow crawl. Moving from Monday p-day to Thursday p-day is quite the stretch. I survived, though, and only had to ration my chocolate milk portions for the last couple days. It has been a busy week. I survived yet another transfer and have jumped head first into my 6th transfer. S. Diederich and I are still serving in the YSA 5th Branch. There really weren't a lot of changes this transfer. Only 1 Sister (S.Stobbe) left our zone to serve in Junction City, Kansas. (No, idea where or how far that is...) Other than that the only big change was the fact that they split our zone in half...kind of. As in half as you can split a geographical area. And the only people who moved from one district into another with a new zone? Yep, me and S. Diederich. It'll be all right, though. Since we serve with all the Sisters at the VC we still get to see and interact with them.
I tried to hide the fact that it was my birthday. You know I don't love being the center of attention and having everyone focus on me! Wishful thinking here at the VC; there are no secrets! (Other than my age which continues to shock everyone...) It ended up being a great day. We had an early morning training meeting then birthday treats (I wanted bread) afterward. S. Diederich and I taught a lesson and now having a progressing investigator!! (Great birthday gift for any missionary!) Brandon is great and was a referral from one of the YSA's. We are meeting with him again tomorrow. After trying to find less active YSA's but only getting wrong addresses we met up with the Relief Society president, Faipa, and Roxy for lunch. We went to Square Pizza; when she found out it was my birthday she had to take us for ice cream, too. All in all, it ended up being a great day. I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday and am grateful for all the love I felt from everyone here and from all of you at home. All the Sisters have been quite envious the last few days; I've received a ton of mail and 3 packages!!
Saturday we were able to go to an activity that the Branch put on. They were playing soft ball and having a BBQ. It was a ton of fun... I even made it to 2nd base before getting out! I can definitely feel a difference with the members because we have been working on building a relationship of trust with them. It really helps to be able to put on jeans and go play the sports with them. So what if I'm awful? We're just having fun. The work isn't necessarily progressing swiftly but I can feel more trust from the members. They have more of a desire to interact with us and give us the names of friends to visit. We have begun sending out a text each week asking for the names of people who need an uplift that we can visit. So far it's working. The more we serve and get to know the branch the more willing they are to help us find people to teach. I think it also helps that we have made a conscious effort to write thank you notes for each meal we get. We are also calling or visiting active branch members to leave them with a message without asking for anything. Having a 40 day fast is also helping. Lot's of small miracles going on right now.
Every Sunday for the month of April we eat dinner with the same family; the Kettlewell's. I am so grateful for their willingness to feed us! There are 4-6 sisters that go each week. A couple weeks ago they had one of their older sons (who is a law student) there who is no longer a member of the church; I believe he's practicing Catholisism. Anyway, he went into the Word of Wisdom and why it was okay to drink Coke but not coffee or tea. I sat there for a while before pulling out the D&C and reading the promise found in section 89. I told him that I didn't know why Coke was okay to drink but God did and it was a matter of faith that we follow the Word of Wisdom. I let him know that if he were to pray sincerely and with real intent then he would come to know for himself that this revelation was from God. He called me on the sincere and real intent comment and said that just because he didn't get the same answer that I was telling him didn't mean he wasn't sincere. Umm... yeah it does... The answer doesn't come from me; it comes from God! He won't tell you anything different than what He tells me! I don't know that anything will come of it but you should be proud of me speaking up like a true Wilson. 
Hmm....I don't think I have any other experiences for you. A week and a half is a long time to remember stuff. Especially when the days all blend together! I am doing well. I love serving in the branch. I love the associations and friendships I am making with all those around me. I am so grateful for the power of prayer in my life. I have really learned how to utilitze and apply prayer to myself to gain answers that I didn't know I was looking for. I'm grateful for the comfort of the Holy Ghost that I gain only through prayer. I didn't realize how much I was taking the gospel for granted. I have totally under-utilized it. No more! This is a great work, a hard work, but it is God's work and I am right where He needs me to be. I love you all and am grateful to each of you. Your prayers, letters, and support mean the world to me.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Sister Wilson
Pictures:
1--Ice cream with Faipa and Roxy
2--THANK YOU!
3--One day of mail... We should have birthday's more often...
No comments:
Post a Comment